***THINGS:
1. I really need to make the effort to be better in returning people's phone calls, emails, texts, etc. whether it is for my professional, personal, or social life. I have been essentially MIA for the whole Summer partially because I have been travelling just about every other week to the midwest and every other day to Los Angeles and I am super tired both mentally and physically. Nonetheless, I feel as though I have been kind of missing in some people's lives who are very important to me. yikes.
2. Just saw the new Miranda July movie THE FUTURE and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't aware that she was married to one of my favorite artists, MIKE MILLS :) cool.
3. I do not understand the hype and admiration of the both "elusive and ubiquitous" Isabel Marant booties. However, now, I too, have joined the rather cultish and obssessive fan club and yet, I cannot really articulate or fully comprehend why I like them so much. In general, creative, and aesthetic terms, paying $800 for a pair of cute, simple, modestly heeled ankle booties seems a little ludicrous if not a bit embarassing and greedy (you know, like when you have to hide receipts of your new shoes or have them shipped to a friend's home instead of your own because your boyfriend, parents, etc. will judge you..)
4. NO, I am not annorexic nor do I have any sort of advice for losing unhealthy amounts of weight or seeking to acheive an unattainable body weight. Life is supposed to be fun so to me, there is no point of starving yourself to a point of misery, and/or potentially severe illness and death, to fit into a certain jean size. I understand that I am on the thinner side and, admitedly, my weight fluctuates a little bit as well. However, I still eat some type of mexican food almost each day. I simply try to be healthy and not kill myself over counting calories. Naturally, with my job I have to be somewhat mindful of my weight but I do eat a lot and nothing for me is off limits if I enjoy it sparingly. Also, I should note that I am very talented at dressing myself in accordance to my body type and my understanding of proportion and shape regarding clothing and outfit selection is pretty enviable. My body is actually very hour glass. What this means is that while I am certinaly thin, I have shapely hips and a bit of a booty. Additionally, I have a very tiny waist. This is why I am always wearing high-waisted pants, trouser, jeans, and shorts. The high waist emphasizes my smaller waiste while downplaying and/or accentuating the curve of my lower body. Again, fashion is supposed to be fun and self-expressive, I do not want to promote any kind of unhealthy (either mentally or physically) self doubt or eating habits. Any shape and size can look amazing you just have to dress in accordance to the shape of your body.
5. movies I have watched recently and that I would suggest in an instant are: The Future, Bottle Rocket, Reality Bites, and Singles.
6. It is much easier to be nice, than to be mean or judgemental.





just found your blog, so cute! do you model only in LA?
ReplyDeletebisous,
mia
HEYLILAHEY
Hi There!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I do model in LA with LA Models :) How about you??