things-february edition

***A photo from the photo shoot that Corey and I shot with Keep-A-Breast (aka I love boobies) organization over the Summer! This photo is from their Classics Collection and is merchandise can be purchased via loserkids.com! Check out keep-a-breast.org!

***my little sister and I wearing stick-on staches in honor of step father's 40th birthday! I actually think my sister looks really cool with it...kind of like John Galliano...or something.

***I got new (shorter) hair for the day last week while shooting an editorial for Industry magazine with Mark Oberlin!

***photo of my sister again that I took in Rome

***loved how the makeup artist did my makeup for NCLA shoot last week!
***somehow, even though I am a self-professed shoe addict, I really did not own a pair of basic, black, wearable heeled sandals. I found this really beautiful pair of Via Spiga's on clearance at my local Nordstrom's Rack.



........other things

*I definitely underestimated how well-known and beloved Jason Wu is. His beautiful line for Target debuted in stores on Sunday morning...apparently quite early with lines out the doors. Thinking that Jason Wu, though he is one of my favorite designers, is not much of a house-hold name at all, I waltzed into the near-by target Sunday morning around 10am to find a couple of blouses and tee-shirts strewn all over the junior department while men and women of all ages eagerly searched the racks, dressing room go-backs, and even hidden items being found somehow in the children's section. This discovery really started my day out wrong. I proceded to drag my boyfriend to three other Targets to check and searched online all day long. To my dismay and shock, the items seemed to sell out everyone, including online, within a couple of hours. Finally, I found one beautiful, pink blouse with ruffles on the collar and subtley dotted in size small. Saturday night, I planned to purchase nearly the whole collection with ease and no cat fights. 
....word on the street is that Target's upcoming guest designer will be Marni. If this is indeed the cases, I certainly will not repeat my mistakes.

***So I am back in school once again, meaning my posts will presumably be much less frequent. :(

***Recently, I've been suffering a musical drought lately. Meaning, I can't seem to stumble upon any new findings or become enthralled with typical favorites. Any suggestions would be wonderful!!!


8 comments :

  1. lately i've been listening lykke li, blue foundation and bow wow wow AND mozart (i've heard or read somewhere his music helps our brains hehe) how are u mia? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra!!!!! I swear you're the best. lykke li is amazing. its almost diffcult to listen to artists whom are so taltented at displaying emotion, because I really feel it from them!!!! But I think I need to listen to some Moart to get my brain going! How are you girly???

      Delete
    2. i had week without computer and the internet, it wasn't so bad as i thought
      i can feel spring in the air, i'm so optimistic now, god i love fridays!

      Delete
    3. and your shoes are beautiful
      have a wonderful weekend mia!

      Delete
  2. love your short hair!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jenna!!!! unfortauntely the short hair isn't permanant but hopefully in the future!

      Delete
  3. Love the photos, especially the one with the mustaches.

    ReplyDelete