Well I think I qualify for VH1's best week ever, at this point.
This past Sunday I was at my gym for maybe 15minutes, before I returned to the locker room to retrieve my person (and life, apparently) from the locker in which I had placed it prior, yet neglected to lock. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. I lost so much more than just my phone, ID, car keys, checks, money, cards, perscriptions, eye glasses, NEW YSL LIPSTICK ahhhh. anyway, please take it from me this has been quite a week for me as well as a harsh lesson learned. lock your belonging no matter what. It is quite tragic and disapointing that we are so brashly humbled when we grow naive and feel that we can trust stangers and well, the world, in a sense. UNfortunately, not to maintain my typical, cynical stance but there are some pretty sad, desperate, and immoral individuals out there and sadly, everywhere, ready to pounce upon us and disorder harmony just when we least expect it.
Anyway, sorry about my venting. But in all honesty, don't let forgetfulness or naivete get the best of you and the best of your belongings or of course, you! Be careful lock your items safely, lock your car, your door, and try not to walk in the dark alone (ESP. for college students...University campuses are a huge target spot for rapists and criminals alike). BE SAFE and AWARE always! Don't let your guard down!!!
love, MM
aw i'm so sorry that that happened. so inconvenitent. and I can't believe someone would just do that.
ReplyDeletedoes your gym offer you locks to borrow? If so, take advantage! :)
thanks Alexis! yes they do, I absolutely learned my lesson. So yes, I will be taking advantage of that feature as well as taking advantage of my "fear," of the gym so that I don't have to go! Haha.
ReplyDelete